What does it cost to join Air Cadets?
There are no registration fees or dues to join the Cadet Program. Upon joining, uniforms and accoutrements are provided free of charge while you are actively enrolled in Air Cadets. Cadets and parents are encouraged to participate in and contribute to fundraising on behalf of the Local Sponsoring Committee and League, to offset costs not covered by the Department of National Defence.
To join, a youth must:
- Have reached their 12th birthday; however, have not reached their 19th Birthday
- Be able to legally reside in Canada through a Student Visa, Work Visa, Permanent Residency, or Canadian Citizenship.
- Be able to supply an original piece of government issued ID, such as a birth certificate or immigration card, as proof of identity
- Be able to supply an original, Prince Edward Island Health Care card.
To enroll your son or daughter into Air Cadets:
- Locate the closest Air Cadet squadron using the links at the bottom on this web site and attend one of their normal training sessions.
- Fill out an Application for Membership in the Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets Form (requires parent/guardian and applicant signatures) CF 1158 (also available at the squadron)
- Bring the applicant’s birth certificate and Prince Edward Island Health Care Card (A photocopy of both will be made and kept on the cadets’ file)